Monday, November 9, 2020

It's been quite some time.




I had started this blog for my poetry and writing. I was going to start a story here and see if anyone picked up on it.

Writing is my form of therapy. I let my characters go through experiences that are similar to mine and then I can come up with the appropriate outcome or cause conflict.

I was trying to think of a poem to write and post. I have many ideas I'm just not sure what the outcome would be if I did it off the cuff and whether it would be appropriate. Sometimes my poetry can contain language. It just depends on the mood and what I am writing about.Let's get ready to ramble

Well, the mail in ballots are still being counted, but it looks as if we may have a new president. It's never a good time when this happens, but this year in particular. You have a president that has never believed in a Democracy. Of course certain words to make you believe this comes out of his mouth, but people lie. Most people have told some sort of lie to get what they want. Politics, and the law are the worst, but we have to deal with it.

When Trump first took office I was dissappointed. I did think there might be some things the US could benefit from with him in office since he was a businessman. It turns out he wasn't really that good at that, but he played the system. I had to ask myself, how do I benefit from this person in office? Those who didn't vote for Biden have to ask themselves the same question.

It was such a good thing to see people in line to casts their vote no matter who they were selecting. We all had something in common at that moment. We needed to see a change. I had spoken to two women who were behind me in line, but who we were voting for never came up.
Growing up, politics, religion, and money were subjects I was told to stay clear of. In school we would discuss politics, relgion and money, but never in regards to us as individuals. These were topics of discussion in different classes.

Most of us learned about politics in school when we ran for some sort of office. People make promises even though they know they can't keep them all. In one of my classes we had to survey a neighborhood to see who they were going to vote for. It was the late 70's and New Orleans had a black man running for mayor. My high school was located in the uptown area of the city near St. Charles Avenue. I remember knocking on doors asking whomever answered the door who they would be voting for in that election.
I had gotten pretty good at picking winners so when I was old enough to vote I never registered. I'm not exactly sure why, but I didn't. I had registered for the selective service, but I was never asked about voting. Perhaps because I wasn't driving...
Still, I would be able to pick who the winner would be, but one year, David Duke was running for the governor of Lousiana and I saw how he played dirty politics and managed to get black people to vote for him. That was a very scary thought. Luckily he lost, but that was my wake up call and I had been voting in ever election whether big or small ever since.

When I arrived in Austin, I started doing research and eventually found myself working the voting polls and after a few years I was counting mail in ballots. I've been more hands on with politics here in Austin than I ever was in New Orleans.

As I approach 60 years of age, I am starting to feel uncomfortable I guess. I don't want to say depressed, but I am not completely happy because I have gained weight. I have yet to get on the scale, but I can see the mid section is larger than it has ever been. I want to start with my diet and then get back into a steady routine of exercise. I do realize not having anywhere to go is one factor. I have to push myself to start exercising, but if I don't do it first thing in the morning I just let it go. I can still motivate myself to stay busy, but I need to do more.

I had been reading The Room Where it Happened by John Bolton. It's an okay read, I just wanted to see what types of games foreign leaders were playing with Trump and Putin and Kim Jong Un were certainly pulling some strings, but Trump had an agenda as well. It seems most Republicans were totally against many things that Obama had implemented. They felt a lot of trade deals were not in the best interest of the US.
The people working for Trump were terrified of what he might say in a tweet, but there was no way to reel him in. He would agree to something and then change his mind several times. Even when he would tweet sometimes he would say he didn't. If you are interested in politics and how Trump ran the whitehouse it might be of interest. It is kind of hard to follow as it isn't totally in chronological order. It goes back and forth to events that had happened and there are jabs at many former presidents. I have to note that Obama is under more attacks than any other president.
Trump didn't like him before he became president and once he took office he has been on a mission to get rid of any signs of Obama. You can't rewrite history just because you don't like something. It can only be buried under the rug for so long.

Well Jo Biden is now going to be President number 46, but we still have to wait and see what type of chaos number 45 does within the time frame that he has left to be in office. Some people aren't good at being defeated. He has been trashing the system for over a year and yet he still wants to be president? Isn't there something wrong with that picture?

Sunday evenings I have a routine which includes watching 60 minutes while I have my dinner. I don't like all of the reporters that conduct the interviews, but the topics are of interest.  I also rely on them to give me accurate information to the best of their ability. So, I watch the show and just deal with the editing around questions that seem forced or a comment that shouldn't be made by the reporter. It seems there is a vaccine that is ready and has been set aside to be shipped out. So, that must mean it is waiting to be approved. Not sure who the vaccine was tested on, but they are planning to give it to the people on the front lines. The issue is that not everyone will want to get the vaccine. I know as I get older, my body and my immune system will probably change and I will have to do the best I can to take care of myself.

11-9-20 - This morning I decided to step on the scale for the first time in years. I knew I had gained weight it's visible, but I was not sure how much. It turns out I am at 160 lbs. I have never been this weight before. Now I have to see what I can do to bring it down. I can't let it get inside of my head. I know that there is a lot contributing to this weight gain so I just have to take things one day at a time.



Poetry


Separated by State
(c) 2020

Welcome to the separated states of America.
Most of us are questioning what is going on;
How long?
What if?

The country is being run like a prison.
The Warden has taken the people off of lockdown.
There is rioting on the cell blocks;
Shanking is a free for all.
There is no air and the inmates
can't breathe.

It's up to the people to protect themselves.
Educate each other.
The gates are open, but
the window of opportunity
is closing.
Counting down the days to make a change.

Put on your mask to save you from the gas,
Put on your mask to save your life,
Put on your mask so they do not see you.


(Next up: More on Virtual Holidays and inside my bubble)


www.dlonzo-OpenYourMind.blogspot.com
www.artbyDlonzo.blogspot.com
www.filmlover4pg@blogspot.com

www.psychedmaster.org

Thanks for stopping by; keep and open mind and do stop by again.


No comments: